Friday, June 4, 2010

Things To Remember About Liliana

1. She cried real tears while still in the hospital. Most of my babies didn't have tears until about a month or so old.
2. I'll never forget that she weighed 9 lbs 13 oz. She was my biggest baby by far. Joey was the next at 8lbs 11oz. So Lili had him beat by over a pound.
3. She either has/had a birthmark or bruise over on her left eyelid. When she was first born, it looked as if she was bruised. It was really dark purple. As she's gotten older, it has faded into a dark pink. Plus, she has a very deep dark purple vein right over it.
4. It took well over a week for her umbilical cord to fall off.
5. She smiled at 5 days old. You may not believe it, but I was there and I was the recipient of the smile. We were snuggled in the bed. I had just nursed her and was just holding her and talking to her. She looked me right in the eyes and I could see she wanted to smile, then she did. It didn't last long but it was just for me. I'll never forget it.
6. She likes to have her butt patted to calm down or to fall asleep.
7. When she passes gas, you'd think it was an adult in the room. She doesn't do badly with burps either.
8. She loves to nap on the couch. Doesn't really like the bassinet at all. In fact, we've pretty much abandoned it.
9. So far, she not a fan of the car seat.
10. She holds her big toe up just like Sam does.
11. She had the most hair of any of my kids. Quite the headful.
12. She's five weeks old now and for the last three nights has slept through the night. I hope I didn't just jinx it.
13. She likes to have her hair washed. She still isn't quite sure if she likes a bath, but she definitely like having her hair done. Diva in the making perhaps.
14. She has blond, bushy eyebrows. They remind me of my Grandpa Lusk's bushy eyebrows. Lili's are cute though.
15. I love the way she sighs/coos when she's nursing or taking a bottle and when she's sleeping on my shoulder. I'll miss that sweet sound.

No comments: