Sunday, January 6, 2008

Impromtu Homeschooling Trip


So, Friday I needed to go run a bunch of errands. Mostly picking up stuff from Freecycle. At one of the stops, the lady noticed I had a bunch of children in my car on a school day. I told her that I homeschooled. She mentioned that there was a pen just up the road with recued deer in it. She said that would be a fun thing to do with the kids.
I started down the road looking for the pen. It's large. So, large that I thought it was part of the peach orchard. I slammed on my brakes and parked right beside it.
There are four deer: 1 buck and 3 does. (Is that supposed to be plural?) and 1 rooster.
That was our fun, impromtu homeschooling trip for the day. Yay!!! We're told that you can bring treats for the animals to feed them. The deer didn't seem to be too interested in us. The kids pretty much chased them from one side of the pen to the other. The rooster, however, was very friendly, inasmuch as he wanted some food.
The pen is located on Richwood Road in Mullica Hill. It's just off of Rt 322.

No comments: