Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Leah's First Haircut

Leah is 3 years old and has never had a haircut.  I've trimmed her bangs here and there but it was time.  :)  With Lucy, I was an idiot.  She had beautiful hair.  I cut it on her first birthday because I was a really stupid mother.  My mother-in-law told me that it's an Italian tradition to cut a baby's hair on their first birthday.

First of all, I don't know if that's true or not.  I'm gullible.  Secondly, my MIL didn't make me do it--I was just trying to create a little tradition in my family.  

So, poor Lucy got all her hair chopped off.  I was a silly, stupid little mother.  Thankfully, it all grew back.  YAY!

So, I vowed that I wouldn't do that with any of my other daughters.  Leah started life with not even so much as fuzz on her little head.  It took her forever to grow hair.  Finally, it grew down pretty close to her cute little bum and it was time.  She loved getting her hair cut and being a little diva for a few minute.  Alyssa is the hairdresser.
In the beginning...Leah starts with a lot of crazy, long hair.  The little wound on her nose is from Joey smacking her in the face with something hard.  
                  Getting the little drape put on her.

She thought having her hair put up in clips was so fun.  The girls at the salon made her feel like a little princess.  
                       Almost done....just trimming up those bangs.
TADA!!!  All done.  Now we can see those precious little eyes.  I didn't have Alyssa cut much off the length.  I wasn't ready for that just yet. 

1 comment:

Aunt Di said...

What fun! I love the new doo!
Diane