Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

My personal opinion is that we had a very nice Christmas. It's always great when Jen and Jessie get to be with us on Christmas morning. Everyone got to open their new pajamas on Christmas Eve. It's funny but this year was the first year they all figured out my M.O. to give PJs on Christmas Eve.

I just happened to find a video from last Christmas when the 4 little ones re-enacted the Nativity Story. It was so cute to watch and remember. So, we did it again and Jen and Jessie both dressed up as shepherds to join the fun. Leah wore her Tinkerbell costume from Halloween when she dressed up like Mary. Lucy wore her Snow Queen costume as the angel.

We all got up about 7:30 to head downstairs for the gift unwrapping. We tried something a little different but I really liked it. My friend Kristin said that as a kids her dad would blindfold a child and spin them around and send them in the direction of the tree. When they got to a present, they read who it was for and then gave it to them. So, that's what we did. It made the gift unwrapping last about twice as long. It was good too, because no one could keep track of how many presents the other had. I enjoyed it much more than just passing out gifts. There was just a smidge of suspense.

Robbie and Joey each opening their super cool RC cars. The cars go in snow, land and water. Perfect for our current climate with the snow still on the ground.
Jen and Jessie each got a cute little purse with a gift card in it.
Lucy and Leah in their new jammies.

It took me a while to get into the Christmas spirit this year because I've been so sick. Alas, at some point it did catch up to me and I'm really grateful for a lovely family who all worship the Lord Jesus Christ.



No comments: