Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A trip down memory lane

I'm going to do something a little different in this post.  I'm going to share part of my past through a journal I kept.  I read and read journal entries but most were either too boring or embarrassing.  So, I'll start with something mild but yet slightly uncomfortable.

I was a nanny in NY before I went on my mission to Finland.  The people I worked for are Jerry and Carol Einhorn.  They had one daughter Emily together.  Carol had a daughter Melissa from a previous marriage.  Debby and Jennie were friends of mine that were also nannies.

Tuesday, January 3, 1989

Boring, boring.  Emily stayed home from school for half the day.  She was complaining of stomach problems.  We think that she is nervous about the new class she's starting in school.  It's a special education class.  She has a learning disability.

At midmorning Carol called and Em decided to go to school.  The rest of the day I ate and watched tv.  I had Jerry's lunch ready for him when he came home from work.  I took about a 45 minute nap before em came home.  I love to sleep. 

In fact, as I was falling asleep, I started making a list of my favorite things to do: laughing came in first, then sleeping.  So eating really didn't come in till 3rd or so.  Actually I fell asleep before I got to eating.

Emily took a short nap.  Carol came home early.  We ate an early dinner.  I didn't eat all my dinner because I was full of other stuff.
Carol went to dinner with Melissa because it is her birthday today.  So, I ended up babysitting.

I didn't get a call from Debby or Jennie today.  That's weird but I really didn't miss them.  I called a college (C.W. Post) to see about registering.  Tuition though is $232/credit hour.  I've got to meet people.  HELP!!! But what can I do?  I'm really tired of hanging out with Debby and Jennie, I want new friends!!!

Anyway, just a few thoughts before bed.

I've got this huge zit on the right side of my chin.  I look disgusting.  I'm getting ready to get my period and my face is breaking out. YUCK!!!

I don't want anyone to see me because I feel as though that gross blemish is my face.

Oh well.  Not very happy.  Not really.  I'm happy.  Just fat and pimply.  Good night.

Back to the present again:  See.  Nothing much has really changed. :) 

No comments: