Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Too Serious

I think I'm too serious.  Perhaps being the oldest child brings that out in me more than I should.  Laughing really is most important to me.  Having fun and being spontaneous.  And yet, I get so burdened and flattened by dumb stuff. 

I don't know what exactly it takes to not be so dang serious.  I think there are things that are serious.  And we have to be aware of those.  I'm ok with that.  I enjoy having serious, intelligent discussions with people.  Especially about the Gospel.

But, it's the dumb stuff that I get all hot and bothered about.  The house being a mess.  My husband's ex-wife being a total menace, screwing around with MY life.  

Perhaps I'm just not grateful enough.  I gotta keep trying.  I do work hard at being grateful.  I think I'm getting better.  When do you put your foot down though?  

My children are going to remember me as being a fun mom but with a severe temper because I get so stressed out.  I don't even know how to be different.  

Or perhaps a good night's sleep would work.  And a massage, manicure and pedicure.  That may just fix everything.  It'd have to be weekly though. 

1 comment:

Amy Mason said...

Jeez, Wendi, this sounds so familiar! Maybe it is an 'oldest child' thing. . . Now where's that spa you were talking about? ; )