Sunday, May 30, 2010

Family Home Evening with Diane

I was looking through my photos recently and found this one. This was our last Family Home Evening with Diane before she died. We picked her up and went to the church because it was more conducive to her wheelchair.

Diane would often attend our family nights. Probably 2-3 times a month. She always was like a bonus mom to my kids and to me. It was wonderful to have her backing up the teachings Sam and I were giving our children. She loved being with us and we loved having her. She often told me in her last days how much she missed spending family nights with us. She said she loved singing church songs with us and kneeling in family prayer with us. We felt the same about her.

I miss her. Especially not having her here when Lili was born. I cry too much when I think about it. Maybe one day I'll be able to record how she was with me during Lili's birthday.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

I want to comment but the words just aren't coming. I am so glad that she was part of your family.

BerginMania said...

Thanks Amber. I know she has a special place with your family as well. Tomorrow is her birthday.