Saturday, May 29, 2010

Time Flies

Where does the time go when you're growing babies? I can't believe Lili is already a month old. Just seems like yesterday we got the word I needed to have a C-section and six hours later, I had my baby.

I'm so thankful for Lili. I have to say though, knowing that she is my last has had the effect I didn't want. I always felt I would have a baby after Leah, but after we tried for so long, I kinda gave up and was at peace with it. I liked not knowing if Leah was my last because I just really enjoyed her. I treated just like the others. I didn't cry at the thought of no more babies, cuz I didn't really know. I was just perfect.

Lili is my last. I was looking at her birth pictures and those first couple of days right after. She was so small even at 9 lbs 13 oz. Just so fresh. I know she's only 30 days old, but I miss those "brand new" days.

It's a shame that mommas are so sleep deprived with brand new babies. Sometimes I think I don't enjoy them as much as I should, BUT I'm so tired. And healing after a C-section is really rough on me. I'm still really stiff and have moments of great soreness. Sometimes I think I'll never get better. I know I will, it's just hard to remember what it feels like to be 100% healthy.

I've been so blessed with so many people serving me and my family. I will never be able to write thank you notes enough to express my gratitude. I'm humbled at all that has been done for us. Meals, phone calls, visits, taking my kids so I can rest, clothes for the baby, and just thoughtful expressions of love. I have appreciated them all.

I need to stop now, I'm crying. :)

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

sigh, they do grow up fast. if only we could enjoy a lot of things while they are happening. i think that's the point of life isn't it? unfortunately I get an F, or perhaps and E for effort?