Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Birthday

So today I enter my 5th decade. Amazing really. I think about the fact that I've only experienced 40 winters, 40 springs, summers and autumns. It doesn't seem like a lot. 40 Christmases may seem like a whole bunch to my children, but to me I hope I have atleast that many more plus a few extra for good behavior.

Sam and the children got up at 7 this morning to cook me breakfast. It was delivered in bed. Scrambled eggs, bacon, toast with jam and a glass of milk. Not a bad breadfast. Leah crawled up on the bed and ate most of my eggs, the boys each took a piece of bacon and I think everyone helped drain my cup of milk.

Sam gave me two fabulous cookbooks. They're out of print now so the only way to find them is online. He did it. They're self-reliant related. Which I love! He also gave me a beautiful diamond journey necklace. It's really pretty with both baguettes and round stones. Very thoughtful of him.

So, off to work he went. The older kids went out and started cleaning out another of my garden beds. That is better than a diamond necklace for me. :)

Right now, I'm just hanging out with Leah. She wants to spell her name on the computer. leah--there ya go, that was her. She actually knows all of the letters of the alphabet. Upper case and lower case. Kinda amazing I think. I didn't do it. I think she learned from her older brothers and sisters.

I'll update more as the day goes along.

Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

Maria Hart said...

HUGE Happy Birthday! You are a great lady, I hope this is an awesome, totally amazing decade for you!