Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Day

Leah's headed in for a "bap". (bath)
Joey blowing bubbles.







Lucy riding her bike.
It was a beautiful day today. Started a little cold but by mid afternoon it was splendid. I took the kids outside and had them weed one of my garden beds. Something got done. Robbie and Lucy planted peas in their little bed. I put some peas in myself.
It was lovely to hear them recall how fun and yummy it is to eat peas fresh from the pod while standing in the garden. What a lovely tradition and memory they'll pass on to their children. My mom passed that one on to me. I'm sure it goes back in time with my fabulous ancestors. Isn't it fabulous to know that what they planted to survive, we now plant to eat as a good memory.




1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Yea for the gardening spirit!