Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Something so funny....but please don't say anything

Ok, so...Sam's been working extra super hard. Which means I'm with the kids a lot more than normal. Which means, I've been the ever-so-lucky one to be the baseball mom with Robbie. I took him to his tryouts and practices. I've been the one to buy his glove.

Monday night Rob's coach came over to give him his uniform. Robbie's playing for the Yankees this year. Ok, cool. I like the coach a lot.

In the process of telling Robbie how to wear his uniform and what is expected, the subject wearing a "cup" was mentioned. We've been talking about this but learned that it was mandated that Robbie had to wear one during the games and practice. So.....

Because Sam has been working such long hours, guess who got to go "cup" shopping? YUP, me. Ok, so this is a whole new world of underwear.

For those of y'all ladies who don't know how the whole thing gets put together, here ya go. We went to Sports Authority, I thought Dick's would be a little, uh, redundant....it took us a while to find the athletic supporters. But, once found, I was ok.

What I learned is that you have the "cup" itself which is a hard shell to cover the goods and then you have to buy the pouchy thing that the cup goes in. That's the funky looking one cup, backwards bra---or training bra for a boy--that hooks up over that cute little bum.

This is the part that you can't tell anyone...especially not Robbie. He was SOOOOO excited. He came straight home and tried it out OVER his sweatpants. Oh my gosh. I laughed so hard. I tried to get a pic of the sight, but he wouldn't let me. I was going to post on the blog. Visuals are the best. Today he decided that to get used to it, he would wear it all day. He kept "knocking" on it just for fun and everyone's delight.

It sure is fun being a mom. Especially when I don't know what the heck I'm doing.

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

SO FUNNY, I had to read it outloud to Matt. While he chuckled, he couldn't quite comprehend me in stitches. Go figure.

Shannon said...

Ok, I NEVER thought about buying a cup for my boys but considering I have two boys, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I too will be that mother one day in Dick's buying a cup for my babies! OH MY GOODNESS! I love your blog.

Maria Hart said...

This story is hilarious! It is great fodder for sharing with a future daughter-in-law and also his own children!