Monday, July 21, 2008

Why do bad things happen to tired mommies?

My poor little Robbie.  He has his mother's temper.  Need I say more.  Of course, that's what blogs are for.

Sam was supposed to take him out for a "special night" that he earned three months ago and asks Sam about EVERY night.  So, finally tonight's the night.  After FHE, Sam was going to take him to the mall to the arcade.  I don't know exactly what happened but Robbie was supposed to sweep the kitchen floor after dinner and Joey was nagging Robbie about something and started screaming at Joey.  (this happened more than once) Sam finally announced that they weren't going tonight.  

Oh...those magnificent words with a frightful scream out of such a little body.

"YOU'RE THE WORST DAD IN THE WORLD!!!!!"

At which point he slams the basement door just to make sure we heard him.  My basement door has a rack on it that acts as my little pantry because I have no cabinet space otherwise. Robbie slammed the door so hard that the rack pulled right out of the door, screws and all, and came tumbling down with ALL the food bouncing down the stairs.  

Luckily, Sam grabbed Leah just as the rack pulled from the door or she could've been very hurt.  Robbie runs away screaming at the top of the decibel level as though he had a leg severed or something.  Of course, he couldn't really run if the leg was severed but you do get my point.  I'm so tired right now I'm starting to get a wee bit punchy.

Anyway....I start to navigate the stairs with Leah in my arms to get he to safety, BECAUSE a quart size mason jar of pumpkin pie filling had broken and was EVERY WHERE.  EVERY WHERE!!!!!  It was on everything as well.  Sam was livid and was just trying not to hurt anyone.  Usually he's the one that cleans up the messes...he's so good at it.  Not this go around.

I've been up and down the stairs scrubbing the pumpkin goo and picking of slivers of glass.  I just got finished vacuuming the stairs and decided to take a rest before I go back and spray the resolve cleaner on them.

UGH!  I hate it when kids do this.  I sure hope I sleep well tonight.

OK..so here's the exercise.  I'm thankful for this experience because...my stairs have been vacuumed, Sam put a new light bulb in the stairway fixture (it's been out for months), Leah didn't get hurt, I've got a head start to the holidays since my stairway smells like pie.

That's it for now.  Yes, you're welcome to laugh when you see the orange stairs.  Don't put white carpet down when you have kids no matter how desperate you are for the basement to be done.

Nighty night!

3 comments:

Maria Hart said...

"Momma said there'll be days like this, there'll be days like this my momma said!" (Momma said! Momma said!) You're singing along now right? Sorry for the awful ending to your day. Tomorrow has to get better! Lucy was beautiful in her baptism dress. I would be interested in seeing the book when you are done. I am working on one for Angela... I will take photos when it is finished as well!

Crystal Roach said...

I laughed, I cried. I am so sorry and so glad its not just us.

Keeping up with the Bonacci's said...

Oh Bless you alll! So glad Pete can';t talk yet or slam things.

getting hyped up for August 1st! I am going to write! I think you should too. Just my opinon.