Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I lost my mind!

Just a quick vent before I move on.

Well, even the most prepared person every once in a while becomes unprepared.

I thought I'd do some baking today. But, I was low on butter, chocolate chips and eggs. I usually buy those things at Sam's Club because I buy in bulk. So, I loaded the four children up in the car and drove them over there. We were doing pretty good until Leah announced she had to go poop. So, I race to the bathroom pushing the cart with ALL four children on it. They thought it was great.

The poop wouldn't come out.

I go back to shopping. Earlier, before the poop, we passed by a demonstrator lady that was visibly upset and talking to someone that she didn't feel well. I went back by her to get something else and she was alone. Many of you know that I'm nosy, but it's usually because I want to help. I was torn. But I did it anyway. I told her that I had overheard that she wasn't feeling well and was there anything I could do for her.

Bless her heart. She was having a bad day. Her 30 year old son had passed away a little while ago and she is missing him terribly around the holidays. So, I stopped and chatted with her for a while. I cried with her too. I'm sad for the pain of others. She hugged me when she saw my tears. I hope I left her with a few words of peace.

Meanwhile, my children are RACING each other up and down the aisles. GEESH!!!

I think there was another poop scare but that didn't go anywhere either.

We get out of Sam's and I still have most of my sanity. So, I venture to ShopRite because I'm looking for some pepper jelly. I bought it somewhere before. This is when it all broke down for me.

Note to self: Leah belongs in a cart until she's at least 25.

No pepper jelly at ShopRite, ACME, Pathmark or Walmart. So, now I'll have to make my own. Dang it!

Needless to say, I'm tired and don't want to bake now.

Oh, third time was the charm. Leah pooped. WooHoo!!!

1 comment:

Maria Hart said...

I wouldn't even be making pepper jelly... I would be rewriting the menu! Love the Poop Chronicles, very true!