Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day Four

I have done much better today. Yesterday I did well with the getting up and exercising but not with the writing. I got a bunch of phone calls starting at 7:30 in the morning.

So today, I was up at 6am and out the door by 20 after the hour to go for my walk. I met the little Indian man's wife today. She's a joyful thing. She invited me for tea, which I thought was lovely. We talked for a while. I really struggle to understand their English, but it's fun to talk to them. Her name is Houlip? Huu-leep and his name is Yorginda. The last name is Sanni. He didn't have his turban on this morning but he did have his hair tied up in a little knot on top of his head.

So, I did some writing today. I actually enjoyed it. I just kinda started writing from the question, "Why am I writing this book?" And it just started to flow. Nothing really profound but it was good for me. I was thinking that I had made a very poor choice in choosing to write this book. I told Melanie Hoffman yesterday that I think I'd rather pluck my eyebrows for an hour every day vs. writing for an hour.

Okey Dokey. That's it for me. How are y'all doing? The blogs have been VERY quiet as of late. Maybe I just don't have a life so I'm blogging all of the time. Hmmm....something to think about.

No comments: