Friday, August 8, 2008

Morning Musings

I am so thankful I chose to go for a walk this morning. What a lovely day! No humidity and a cool, gentle breeze-what a bonus. I'm starting to get a little faster in my walk so I have to walk further to complete my 30 minutes. I met another neighbor today. Cute little lady. Donna.

Yesterday when I was walking I talked with Nick. He has a house that borders the busy Hurffville Road. He told me that he has a friend who owns a HUGE farm in Mullica Hill and Nick goes down there and picks as many tomatoes as he wants and sells them to the passersby on Hurffville Road. I asked if I could go pick the maters. He said probably not but he would ask. Wouldn't that be just awesome if I could get some cheap tomatoes? What a glorious thing that would be. I'll keep putting it out to the Universe.

So, I'm making friends in the neighborhood. I'm getting a walk in and I'm actually starting to enjoy it. I still want to get up earlier. My plan for the challenge isn't really working very well. The one thing I have been consistent in is the walk. So, maybe out of my original plan, develops a different result. I'm not giving up. It's only been a week.

Tomorrow I'm teaching a class in the stake on pressure canning. I did one on water bath canning about a month ago. It went well with 15 people there. Tomorrow's class is going to be a bit more involved. I canned some hamburger yesterday with my new little canner I bought at Walmart. It doesn't have a gauge on it like my big ones. BUT I kinda like it better because you don't have to watch the gauge, you just listen for the jiggling sound the weight makes. I did 10 pints of hamburger yesterday. I'm sure it's going to gross everyone out tomorrow when I show it to them. It really does look nasty. But it tastes very good.

That's it for now. The natives are getting restless.

No comments: