Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Joey!

September 30th is my little Joe's birthday.  I can remember we this little pumpkin made his way into the world.  I took the time with Joey today to tell him his birth story.  I didn't tell him how difficult it was for me to have a C-section.  But, I did tell him that the Lord blessed us both that we were safe and healthy, because I was obedient to the blessing I received.

I've recently gotten more convinced of the power of story.  Everyone has a story.  I want my children to know how important their story is to me.  Just a few minutes to tell Joey how much I love him and how incredibly grateful I am for his big head. :) (That's the reason I had to have a c-section.)

Enjoy a few pictures from his birthday.



Joey's birthday cake came in the form of a Volcano Cake at Don Pablo's the night before his actual birthday.  Robbie had a baseball game on Joe's birthday so we celebrated it a little bit early.
Lucy made Joey breakfast in bed, but he woke up before she was done.  So, he got to eat it in the living room while watching t.v..  
                                                                      Strike a pose!
Joey wanted a remote control truck so badly.  He had to wait all day before he could open his present.  He got exactly what he wanted.
                            This is one happy little boy.  Dreams really do come true.

No comments: