Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Simple Thing

I sure do love teaching moments and I love it even more when I'm aware they're happening. :)

Monday night was Robbie first baseball game of the "Fall Baseball" season.  Or "fallball" as they call it here in NJ.  

While the other kids and I waited for Sam to arrive and Robbie to get his first "at bat" in the third inning, a couple of men were standing close by chatting with each other.  We were near a picnic table and one of the men kinda ran into to table and gouged his leg.  It wasn't a super bad wound but it did start a slow bleed.  I offered our first aid kit but he didn't seem to mind.  But, I watched as the blood started to run down his leg, I could bear it no longer.  I sent Joey to the truck to get the first aid kit, which is a MEGA first aid kit.  He brought it to me at the table, I flipped it open and got the man a antiseptic wipe and a band aid.  He was impressed with the kit and grateful for the assistance.

Once done, Joey took the kit and put it back in the truck.  

I love it when eternal truths just spew from my mouth without effort on my part. (translation: not my words but His) 

I said to the kids, "See when you're prepared, it easy to serve others."

I've come to realize that preparation is for the individual, but it'll be used by the Lord to serve all His children.  Isn't that awesome?!!

No comments: