Friday, September 5, 2008

I'm Famous!

Today was a VERY LONG day. I left at 9:30am to drive to NE Philly to pick up 1000lbs of chicken from Quaker Valley Foods. I put together this order for the members of my stake. I hauled back 24 cases of chicken in my Suburban.

I got sunburned from being outside all day helping load chicken into cars. A few were late coming to pick up their meat. Lots of phone calls today as well.

So, why am I famous?

I was getting ready for a Stake Welfare Committee meeting and asked Lucy to come into the bathroom to talk to me as I put on my make up. I asked if she had a good day. The Manning kids came over for a little while so my kids had someone to play with.

Lucy said she did and made some comment. She noticed my sunburn and asked about it. I told her I was outside helping people with their chicken.

She said, "You're famous." I asked why she said that. She said, "Everybody came to see you today. When one car left, another would pull up. And soooo many phone calls. You're famous."

I had to explain to her why that did NOT make me famous. Sunburned---yes. Famous---not so much.

How cute and funny was that? Just her perspective. I hope that as she grows older she'll see that her mom enjoyed serving others.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I think you are famous and very important........a popular woman with wonderful talents.

Maria Hart said...

Ditto! You are famous, wonderful, amazing!