Saturday, September 13, 2008

Our Week at the Beach!


I took the four kids to North Wildwood beach this last week.  We went down on Sunday and came back on Thursday.  We had such a good time hanging out with each other.  And can you believe that I did it all by myself?  I did!!! Yay for me!  We spent Monday and Tuesday mornings at the beach and swimming.  MOnday night Sam came down with Jen and Jessie and we walked on the boardwalk and got dinner.  We bought all of the kids a "Wildwood" hoodie as their memento for the week.  Tuesday night the older three: Robbie, Lucy and Joey got to drive go-carts.  That seemed to be a super big hit.




                                             Kids in their cool Wildwood Hoodies.

I bought the kids "sunscreen shirts" because of the sunburn we all got the day before.



Wednesday was a bit cold. I took the kids down to the Cape May Lighthouse. We all climbed the 199 steps to the top. Even my little Leah. In fact, I think she was a bit faster than her mom. After catching my breath at the top, we came back down and then went for a leisurely stroll on the beach. The kids fed the seagulls some Cheerios and we investigated this HUGE monolith of a building that was just as ugly as could be sitting right on the beach. I found out that it was an old WWII bunker that was used as a look out for submarines in the Atlantic Ocean. I thought that was cool.
It was pretty windy up there on top of the lighthouse.  
You can see the beach and ocean behind the kids.



New Jersey has 19 lighthouses.  Eleven are possible to visit.  The other eight are out in the waterways.  We have a family goal to visit all 11.  Sounds like fun, huh?


              This is a picture of the kids standing under that abandoned army bunker.

Thursday, we packed up and started home but first stopped at the Cape May Zoo to check out the animals for a couple of hours. That was a really nice ending to a VERY lovely week. I grew to love my little children even more. I'm so thankful that I chose to do this with them. These are the moments that I am so grateful I have chosen to homeschool.





Can you see the tiger behind the kids?  I tried to get the kids to pose with him behind them.  Leah was too busy and excited to pose.  I think he was sizing my little children up for his mid-afternoon snack.  

No comments: